COVIDSafe work plan- Hair and Makeup artists
Due to the ongoing changes with COVID-19, conditions within this plan may need to change due to changes in the law or recommendations from state or federal government and/or health professionals.
ON THE DAY
- No in person meetings will be held. All communication will take place via email or phone.
- All clients will be emailed at least 2 weeks prior to the event outlining working conditions required by artists (see below).
- All clients must be accounted for prior to the day to ensure artists will have enough equipment for each client.
ON THE DAY
- All members of the bridal party receiving services, and anyone living in the house must let the booked artist know if they have any cold or flu symptoms, or are awaiting the results of a COVID test, or if they or anyone in the house has had contact with a known COVID case in the past 14 days.
- A large area will need to be allocated for hair and makeup. We need to maintain 4 square metres per person. This may mean reserving the dining table for hair and makeup and food and drinks will need to be set up and consumed in another room. Please consider this when deciding on where to get ready on the day.
- For hotel preparation, two rooms may need to be booked- one for the hairstylist and one for the makeup artist. Or one large suite for hair and makeup and another as a “Green room” for the bridal party to await their service. There is to be no mingling and eating in the makeup and hair space.
- Anyone who enters the hair and makeup room must be wearing a mask at all times.
- The artists will set up the makeup chair 1.5 metres from the makeup table to reduce the time spent within the client’s personal space.
- Where possible, windows and doors are to open to allow fresh air intake. Even if air conditioning is being used.
- Only the one person who is getting their hair or makeup done can be within the hair and makeup space at any one time.
- Each person will need to thoroughly wash their hands for 20 seconds with soap then rinse before getting into the makeup chair. I will also wash my hands thoroughly in between each client, and use hand sanitising as needed throughout the service.
- Talking in the makeup chair will need to be kept to a minimum to reduce the spread of droplets.
- The artist will wear a mask whilst working and the client in the chair is to wear a mask whilst having their makeup done except for when doing lower face and lips.
- There will be a clean brush set for each client, and products and surfaces will be sanitised in between clients. Makeup products will be scraped and decanted onto a sanitised palette and there will be no double dipping of brushes into products